The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/11 - the Litmus Test  (Read 7204 times)

dogsledder54

Re: 9/11 - the Litmus Test
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 11:17:39 am »

Getting back to the topic, ( as before I got sidetracked, that is) I am unconvinced that 9-11 was planned by Americans, or that the government knew about it ahead of time. However, I DO concede that the government COULD and WOULD and in my opinion HAS done massive cover-ups before. Just because I don't happen to believe this particular conspiracy theory, doesn't mean that the government doesn't routinely lie to us, and in fact, sees no reason to tell us the truth anytime, on any topic you can think of. The point being that whether this particular conspiracy theory is true or not, can we TRUST the government  ? No freaking way. They have shown not only that they feel no NEED to tell the sheep the truth, and obviously NO DUTY to tell the truth which is WORSE.

All of this is my way of saying that even if this theory is TRUE, which I doubt at this time, pending further review, it is merely a SYMPTOM of the problem, not the problem itself, which is the fact that the government is 1) unresponsive to the wishes of the people, 2) devoted to its' own purposes and not the business of the people, and 3) interested primarily in growth in size and power to the detriment of the governed, all of which would seem to make your point without accepting your premise.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
Re: 9/11 - the Litmus Test
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:14 am »

And given the propensity of the government to lie, I don't think it is unreasonable for those who don't believe a given story to investigate it and discuss it at length. Legitimate questioning of a given theory will only serve to help expose the truth. An incorrect theory or explanation will collapse under scrutiny. I think those who legitimately want the truth will welcome "reality checks". If no one looks for government lies, they will never be exposed.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up