The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network Nerds Unite! (WolfNet)  (Read 26887 times)

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
Re: Network Nerds Unite! (WolfNet)
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2011, 03:44:07 pm »

What happens when it becomes illegal to speak over the air waves to coordinate with neighbors?

I have a highly illegal FM radio transmitter to operate without government bribery permission here............and I haven't operated "it" yet, but have and do operate lower powered units whenever and wherever I want to. needless to say, "I" don't care about legal or illegal...........as that's merely some dictate decreed by government................I do care about right and wrong though.
For me to operate my bigger transmitter is NOT wrong, although it is illegal.........even the "talk radio" that I do..............for me to "walk over" some legitimate radio stations transmission within some area IS wrong, so I won't do "that".
For me to "bleed" over into some other radio stations space via harmonics is wrong, so I spent a couple dollars and bought the capacitors and wound the inductors and built my own low pass filter, to cut the harmonics down.
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

IrishPyroWolf1994

• Don't Tread on Me!
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:36 pm »

I agree with username the main purpose of this would NOT be for pirating data, ignoring whether or not pirating is immoral, that is not the purpose of this....at most it would be a second internet, most likely though, with the current technology it'll be limited to basic things like bare-graphics forums and IRC for tactical/strategic communications.

username

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:40 am »

Zoot,

I would never question a person's commitment (wanted to make sure you realized that and took no offense) but was merely throwing out a hypothetical just showing that having a off-grid communications network will eventually be considered illegal I have NO doubt. Currently there is nothing illegal about Internet cell phone repeaters in fact most major carriers sell them out of the retail stores. In the event of what happened in the SF protest those could easily be deployed to allow communications for the protesters.

SF issue is why I suggest our efforts should be focused on tactical communications. There will likely be a great need for this in the coming years if TPTB make the SF tactics SOP.

Username

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:16 pm »

There will likely be a great need for this in the coming years
You're right, there is a "need", but right now, there is no "want".........
Without want there is no support.................and without support, motivation is mighty hard to drum up...........

Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

username

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2011, 07:31:18 am »

I agree with you on that ZooT! Tactical and practical communications is not sexy enough for our highly technology stimulated society (even in the liberty circles). Unfortunately they have all gotten use to the technology always being there - but that will change soon.

Username

gaurdduck

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:20 am »

I agree with you on that ZooT! Tactical and practical communications is not sexy enough for our highly technology stimulated society (even in the liberty circles). Unfortunately they have all gotten use to the technology always being there - but that will change soon.

Username

Well, it's not very high tech, but I made another cypher just now with 95 characters with influence from the Bramhi Language Family scripts.
It's an Abjad for writing English primarily, but can be used for other languages.

Basically, I'm a huge fan of manual encryption which is then e-mailed or faxed and can only be read by the recipient.

Alchemist

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:37 am »

q
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:49:08 am by Alchemist »

username

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2011, 12:12:34 pm »

LOL - I was just on the way over to post a link to the LifeNet article --- Saw it on Survivalblog this morning.

Looks promising. I will need to do some more research but seems like someone has identified the very issue we are discussing. This could be fantastic if it does half of what promises. Essentially it is a versatile mesh network that seems to work on just about any device out there which fills the need of being cheap. It would be virtually impossible to shut this type of network down without actively jamming it.

Username

IrishPyroWolf1994

• Don't Tread on Me!
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »

I agree...that's why I posted the link to the article  ^_^

IrishPyroWolf1994

• Don't Tread on Me!
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »

Hey username here is something interesting for you to check out though you might have already done so: https://freedomboxfoundation.org/index.en.html

Alchemist

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2011, 05:17:30 pm »

q
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:48:54 am by Alchemist »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up