The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Actions  (Read 461576 times)

Junker

Re: Moderator Actions
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 05:27:19 pm »

Thanks, Dare2BFree. I'm still on the 911s.

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2008, 11:20:18 am »

Yesterday I deleted a post by Speaker at the Internal Homeland Security Checkpoints thread under Activism.

Here is what I said at the time on that thread:

Speaker's post is inappropriate for this forum because it discusses and advocates violence.  We have no desire to hang our butts out on this kind of thing and do not wish to be seen as advocating violence on this forum.   Discussion of theoretical aspects of revolution is one thing, but advocating we go out and do it is another.

Hence, I'm going to save this entry elsewhere in case the moderator consensus goes against me on this, but I am going to go ahead and delete it at this time.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 05:23:48 pm »

Merged 2 topics about predictions for 2008.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2008, 01:33:45 pm »

Merged 2 topics on use of Cell Phones to pay for items in stores.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2008, 01:42:06 pm »

Merged Two topics on "Former congressman warns of Detention camps in America" by Security Six & Basil Fishbone
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 10:41:34 pm »

Merged Two topics on "Former congressman warns of Detention camps in America" by Security Six & Basil Fishbone

And caused some confusion when a link I'd posted to one of them in a mailing list got an error message.

That'd be this one here,  then:  https://thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=16800.0  ?
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 09:54:17 am »

That would be the one... sorry for the confusion, I didn't think the one from Sec.6 had been up there long enough to cause too much problem with links. I try not to be too much of a busy body for just that reason. :rolleyes:

byron mc

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2008, 12:38:55 pm »

if my thread in "ID Issues" seems like it belongs in "Post-9/11" please move it there:

http://thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=16815.0

I wonder if we should really have a legislations subforum. The issue is these legistlations affect freedoms, privacy, surveillance and more pertinent to the other forums.
Since the Post-9/11 forum includes legislations I'm not sure sometimes if I should be posting legislation bills there if they are not passed into law yet.

l

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2008, 02:50:10 pm »

A lot of topics could go in any number of places, I usually go with what ever the original poster selects unless it's an obvious bad fit I am still cogitating on merging that thread to one of the NAIS threads in "gulching and self sufficiency", but since a lot of NAIS has to do with ID of the farm and Farmer, it's a tough call. I hate to merge too much since it can make topics too large for folks to get a sense of it without reading several pages. Natural subdivisions of topics do appear, and I think it may be best to let them grow on their own. I have noticed you have been doing some of your own "house keeping", putting like topics together, so please carry on.

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2008, 07:48:42 am »

March 4 2008, reset email address for 'freetraveler' by request as the old email was defunct.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

FreeTraveler

• The Tireless Agorist - @AgoristDon
    • The Tireless Agorist
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 05:44:58 pm »

March 4 2008, reset email address for 'freetraveler' by request as the old email was defunct.

Thanks to scarmig for letting me back aboard. :)
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest.

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 05:38:35 am »

When I came here for my early morning check of the forum backup and health, I discovered that it wasn't working. I was getting a database error that Google revealed to be a full database disk. I posted a service ticket with the Site5 folks, and started working on a replacement front page to notify all y'all that the problem was being worked on. Before I had finished that, I got an email from Site5 saying that they had fixed the problem. Bravo, Site5!
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Apple

• Strangely Attractive
  • Play the Game
    • Weapons of Mass Enlightenment
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 06:53:50 am »

Yeah, I got the database error too. Got it yesterday as well, but it cleared itself up after a few minutes. Had I known that it meant the disk was full, I would have notified someone. Gotta love vague error messages.
 —Well? Shall we go?
 —Yes, let's go.
[Stage directive: they do not move.]

(last lines of “Waiting for Godot”)

PGP Key:  A2D2 B4BD CEB9 24C8 F272  16DC C1C9 65C5 39ED A0BF

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 07:16:01 am »

Well, actually the database error in the forum was vague and uninformative. But the wiki gave a much more particular error, with an error number. THAT was what led me to the nature of the problem.

All web hosting services I've used occasionally get database errors due to a temporary request frequency that is too high for the server to handle. Those go away by themselves.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 10:36:38 am »

Merged topic "Encryption Hacked Through Ram" By Nuclear Druid with "Fundamental Flaw in Encryption Software" topic which was already discussing the RAM retention of PGP encryption keys after shutdown.  :mellow:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100   Go Up