The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Actions  (Read 301097 times)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: Moderator Actions
« Reply #1470 on: May 03, 2016, 10:04:45 pm »

Nuked another NMB account.

Speaking of nuked accounts ...

I wanted this to go to all of the admins but we are no longer allowing PMs so here is where I have to go to reach admins without going full public on the General Discussion threads.

Do any of you admins remember nuking "Another Bear"?  Carl Bussjaeger  is his actual name.
I ran into him on another site and he said that he tried to sign-in one day and nothing happened. He then tried to contact "the admins and no one responded". In his mind he has been banned.
He said it happened right around the time we were talking about funding another server or some such. Does anyone remember such a discussion?

I was wondering IF he was one of the accounts that got nuked in the attack by the faux anonymous SJW?

IF he was trouble ... fine I am just curious because he is one of the regular writers over at TZP where Claire hangs out. http://zelmanpartisans.com/?page_id=116
This does not mean that he didn't get crosswise with someone but He doesn't know what or why and thinks he was banned.

gooch the curious li'l badger
(who thinks he can help right an oopsie IF oopsie it is)
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

kirgi07

• Acting as a Curmudgeon unless otherwise specified.
« Reply #1471 on: May 04, 2016, 03:05:37 am »

Let Elias or other board admins know,my friend im just a board specific mod. Ought 7.
If you look like food you will be EATEN.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1472 on: May 04, 2016, 05:02:40 am »

Do any of you admins remember nuking "Another Bear"?

I certainly would not have terminated his account, and don't think any of the rest of us would. He's a personal friend besides.  I can't account for what the troll did, but suspect that might be the problem. We may never know the extent of the damage. I'll write to him and invite him to make a new account. Thanks for alerting us to the problem, and I do wonder why he never mentioned it to me.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #1473 on: May 06, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »

Do any of you admins remember nuking "Another Bear"?

I certainly would not have terminated his account, and don't think any of the rest of us would. He's a personal friend besides.  I can't account for what the troll did, but suspect that might be the problem. We may never know the extent of the damage. I'll write to him and invite him to make a new account. Thanks for alerting us to the problem, and I do wonder why he never mentioned it to me.

Thanks ML.

He sounded pretty upset so a large "cube of sugar" might be helpful?

Cheers,

gooch
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1474 on: June 22, 2016, 05:33:05 pm »

Split out the definitions discussion from the Christian Faith thread.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1475 on: June 28, 2016, 06:19:06 am »

DF given a one week "time out" for violations of TOC after repeated warnings.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #1476 on: June 30, 2016, 11:16:39 am »

Bill - I received an email back on June 26th stating that I had requested a password reset:

Dear Moonbeam,
This mail was sent because the 'forgot password' function has been applied to your account. If you did not request a new password, please ignore this email. To set a new password, click the following link:
https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;u=4087;code=d903c23ee1

IP: XXXXXXXXXX
Username: Moonbeam

Regards,
The The Mental Militia Forums Team.

Since I was busy and didn't request it I ignored this. Today I tried to login but my previous password didn't work so I did request a reset and this was the email I received:

Dear Moonbeam,

This mail was sent because the 'forgot password' function has been applied to your account. If you did not request a new password, THIS IS PROBABLY AN ATTEMPT TO HACK THE FORUM. In that case, please DO NOT CLICK THE LINK BELOW, and forward this email
to admin-mail@thementalmilitia.com, or preferably, if you know how, send the raw source of the message.

To set a new password, click the following link:
https://secure.thementalmilitia.com................................

IP: XXXXXXXX (different IP than the above one)

Regards,

I *successfully* changed it this morning. Thoughts?
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1477 on: June 30, 2016, 11:57:30 am »

I'm not Bill...  :thrbiggrin:   Glad you changed your password. We still have the troll among us. Maybe need to log in more often? LOL

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #1478 on: June 30, 2016, 02:01:32 pm »

Received another email from TMM at 1:07 PM CT:

Dear Moonbeam,

This mail was sent because the 'forgot password' function has been applied to your account. If you did not request a new password, THIS IS PROBABLY AN ATTEMPT TO HACK THE FORUM. In that case, please DO NOT CLICK THE LINK BELOW, and forward this email
to admin-mail@thementalmilitia.com, or preferably, if you know how, send the raw source of the message.

https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;u=4087;code=a530bd3375

IP: XXXXXXX

Regards,

Per the email, should I forward this to above mentioned email? Please note, after changing the password around 11 AM CT, I did NOT request another change.
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1479 on: June 30, 2016, 02:19:28 pm »

Received another email from TMM at 1:07 PM CT:

Dear Moonbeam,

https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;u=4087;code=a530bd3375

IP: XXXXXXX

Regards,

Per the email, should I forward this to above mentioned email? Please note, after changing the password around 11 AM CT, I did NOT request another change.

Again, I'm not Bill... but I advise you to ignore it. I get several a day, usually. It can do no harm if you just delete it.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1480 on: July 08, 2016, 04:04:42 pm »

Klapton has been banned (time out) for 7 days for repeated violation of TOC, after warning.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1481 on: October 05, 2016, 06:19:47 am »

Calvin John https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=14288;area=summary
Registered using an email address that requires a reply to verify non-spam. I simply activated the account and emailed him to let him know he could now log on.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #1482 on: November 28, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »

Is it just me, or is TMM agonizingly slow today? :huh:

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1483 on: November 28, 2016, 04:23:31 pm »

Not just you. Very slow for me all day today. And I've noticed the same with a few other websites. Had a severe problem with that at PoL the last few days, but it seems to be resolved now. We're going for a major overhaul and update the end of the year. But who knows why things are so unstable on the 'net just now. Couldn't be our benevolent government just seeing to it we are all some how "safe"...

DiabloLoco

« Reply #1484 on: November 28, 2016, 06:44:42 pm »

Not just you. Very slow for me all day today. And I've noticed the same with a few other websites. Had a severe problem with that at PoL the last few days, but it seems to be resolved now. We're going for a major overhaul and update the end of the year. But who knows why things are so unstable on the 'net just now. Couldn't be our benevolent government just seeing to it we are all some how "safe"...
I haven't noticed any other site being overly slow. Just here. :skeptical:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100   Go Up