The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cholesterol levels  (Read 1225 times)

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
Cholesterol levels
« on: August 20, 2007, 06:42:08 pm »

My wife has numerous health issues. Among them is very high cholesterol. She suffers also from chronic pain and depression. So, she spends most of her time in the bedroom. I bring meals to her. With my hactic schedule of late, I haven't always been able to do the best with that, so I make sure she has a large mixing bowl filled with fresh fruit. Recently it has been mostly cherries, grapes, strawberries, bananas and peaches. A few months ago she decided she was going to quit taking all her meds (which included tricor). I guess she really did want the tricor filled, but I didn't know that. At her most recent checkup her cholesterol was wayyyyy down. Without the tricor. Her doctor still wants her to take that, because she is still out of the good range, but the improvement was astonishing. One of the markers was, I believe, almost within acceptable limits. Don't remember which one. Her triglycerides have at times been so high that they could not reliably test the levels of cholesterol.

I know this fruit / cholesterol thing should be common knowledge, but we had not been doing this on purpose, more as a matter of convenience. Just thought I'd share the empirical evidence.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)
Pages: [1]   Go Up