The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Announcing the Availability of the Walt's Gulch Sequel!  (Read 9977 times)

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
Announcing the Availability of the Walt's Gulch Sequel!
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:22:28 pm »

At long last, and after what seemed an eternity of formatting headaches (not all ironed out in this edition, but at least it's readable) I'm happy to announce the availability of the sequel to Walt's Gulch, Songs of Bad Men and Good.

It's mostly the story of Michael Owens, AKA George Sedlewitz, and what happens when his attempt to lead a peaceful life ends.  We also see what's been going on with Walter Steward and Flo Wash, along with a lovely little monkeywrenching enterprise.  A new major character is an underground trader who goes by the name The Traveler, through whom we meet a number of gulchers both peaceable and...not so much.  There's even a peek at something that calls itself the Desert Hermitage.

Michael has not been having a nice life, and when a shot at something better comes along he jumps at it.  Given his past and his ongoing troubles, it might have been better for everyone if he'd passed it by.  When it all comes apart, his revenge is swift and terrible.  Unfortunately for Michael, he loses his never-very-firm grip on his marbles in the process and gains a new friend that only he can hear.  But he's really not a friend at all; Michael isn't the only one looking for payback.

Over the months I've posted some previews, and here are the linkies:

Networks
New Business
God Comes Out to Play
Robin Hood's Revenge

Enjoy!
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

coloradohermit

Re: Announcing the Availability of the Walt's Gulch Sequel!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:32:53 am »

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!!!! Mine's on it's way. Thanks! And does this mean that you'll be back with us here at TCF more? That would be another big yeeeeehaaaaw!
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

What luck for rulers that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Jeffersoniantoo

• Green Valley Gulch, MYOBLand
    • Freedom Port: Firefly
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 08:23:53 am »

ORDERED!  Thanks Joel!

8)
"Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful easily break through them."

-- Anacharsis - (Scythian philosopher - 600 B.C.)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 01:57:44 pm »

I second coloradohermit's YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWW!

Having read the book in manuscript form, I can tell everybody it's even better than the original. Action-packed, wonderfully written, and truly a page-turner from start to finish.

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

OLD TIRED RN

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 04:46:05 pm »

/WOW!! Do my eyes decieve me or is this our very own beloved CLAIRE?!?  So good to see you here again!!  All good wishes with highest respect to you and yours. 

Also, looks like a great work here.

RN
When freedom fails, the best men rot in filthy jails, and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 02:07:59 am »

One wonders if it might be possible to arrange to get copies autographed...?
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Joel

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 04:59:59 pm »

Totally self-serving bump.

And does this mean that you'll be back with us here at TCF more?

'Fraid not, since I'm still bumming internet time from a source 15 miles from home.  Though that might change in a few months.  Also, might not.

Would have to be arranged through PM; I have no mailing address I'd care to advertise.  Also, given my sales record I sure don't promise it would ever enhance the value of the books.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 06:15:23 pm »

Would have to be arranged through PM; I have no mailing address I'd care to advertise.  Also, given my sales record I sure don't promise it would ever enhance the value of the books.

The value would of course be personal, Those of us who would buy such a thing would never think of selling it! :mellow:
Our will be ordered soon, autographed or otherwise!
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:30:50 am »

The value would of course be personal, Those of us who would buy such a thing would never think of selling it! :mellow:
Our will be ordered soon, autographed or otherwise!

Indeed!

I have a very small number of books that have actually been autographed or otherwise inscribed,  usually due to me having had some interactions with the author in question.  No value except to me,  personally,  and no,  I'm not into selling any of my books either!  :-)
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 01:33:33 am »

We've exchanged a bit of email before.  I see a couple of different email addresses on your stuff -- mine hasn't changed,  if you'd care to take it up there.  Works easier for me than PM,  as my email program is *always* up,  checking every few minutes,  and there are times lately when I go for days without logging in here...
--

Jeffersoniantoo

• Green Valley Gulch, MYOBLand
    • Freedom Port: Firefly
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 11:23:53 am »

Excellent!!  A great read!  A good side story to the original.  I am looking forward to the next one(s)!

...and more adrenalin... ;)

J2
"Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful easily break through them."

-- Anacharsis - (Scythian philosopher - 600 B.C.)

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 11:36:06 am »

Somehow I missed this announcement over a week back. Thanks to Jeffersoniantoo's post showing up in "unread posts since last visit", I now have my very own electronic copy. Looking forward to reading it.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 07:45:57 am »

Wow! Exciting read, Joel. In Unintended Consequences, the BATF gets their due. In Songs of Bad Men and Good, it's the FBI's turn. Not that I'm comparing the two, but that particular comparison is apt.

I got the downloadable PDF and read it, zoomed big, on my computer screen. Chapter 13 was sweet! If only.

I just downloaded ($5.00), but have not yet read, Joel's earlier novel, The Scroll of Jeremiah.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

jack

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 04:58:04 pm »

Like Bill, I missed the announcment. Thanks to Bill's blog ordered it today (dead tree version - never liked reading books on the computer.)
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Joel

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 06:36:57 pm »

Yoiks and away!  I didn't see you blogged it, BSC.  Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up