The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toy soldiers cropped  (Read 2211 times)

NuclearDruid

Toy soldiers cropped
« on: June 27, 2007, 07:46:25 am »

Bringing out the big guns

On Thursday, before the ceremony, one boy was told he couldn't participate unless he agreed to clip off the tips of the plastic guns carried by the minuscule GIs on his cap. Ten others complied with the order before the event.

Parents reacted angrily, calling Principal Denise Leonard's decision censorship, but the Palos Verdes Peninsula School District defended her.

:rolleyes:Now that's a gun-free school zone. Even the plastic army men are weaponless.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

mutti

• Mutti
Re: Toy soldiers cropped
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:39:23 am »

From the story:

I wonder if these people go through the history books the students use to make sure there are no photos of guns.

Probably. Those who teach history to "our" children modify it to reflect what they think should be learned.

Makes me want to go buy llittle plastic GI's next time I pick up some Twain at the store- before they are banned.

Mutti
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:24:20 am »

Un REAL! I kept looking for signs that this one came from "the Onion" I think as a protest I would have decorated with plastic sheep, and bleated loudly as I crossed the stage to get my "diploma"... but then again they probably would have thought that was a wonderful thing and made me valedictorian. Perhaps wiping my backside with the sacred document would help them understand the message. I was a pain in school, but if I knew then what I know now I would have been an even bigger pain.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Not a TMM member

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 03:28:03 am »

:laugh:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:55:58 pm by Not a TMM member »
Not sympathetic to the tinfoil hat crowd.

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:56:52 am »

That is so utterly stupid.  When we toured our kids' school earlier this year the older kids had finished and put on display dioramas of the Medieval Ages.  One kids made a brilliantly executed diorama of The Inquisition, complete with blood-splatters on the walls, dismembered action figures, entrails, and torture instruments. 

I was impressed.

We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

velojym

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 07:13:23 am »

Criminalize everything.
It's a lot easier to infringe on your rights if you're a 'criminal'.
Get 'em into the system younger, and they'll never miss those silly rights.

coloradohermit

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:21 am »

That is so utterly stupid. 
Just one more of many instances that keep me wondering why stupid people seem to have such an inordinant amount of time on their hands to dream up such crap.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

What luck for rulers that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Midnight Blue

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 12:34:56 pm »

Bringing out the big guns

On Thursday, before the ceremony, one boy was told he couldn't participate unless he agreed to clip off the tips of the plastic guns carried by the minuscule GIs on his cap. Ten others complied with the order before the event.

Parents reacted angrily, calling Principal Denise Leonard's decision censorship, but the Palos Verdes Peninsula School District defended her.

:rolleyes:Now that's a gun-free school zone. Even the plastic army men are weaponless.

ND

I recall several years back hearing little 6 year olds were being suspended for bringing their toy GI Joe action figure guns to schoool. We're talking about something plastic and smaller than a dime. It's not about safety it's about control, period. Gun free zone tells criminals/JBT on a power trip they have a golden opportunity. It's as funny as calling schools a drug free zone, we all know nobody ever had drugs or alcohol at school.  :rolleyes:

This just adds to the many reasons my kids are homeschooled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up