The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network Printing...  (Read 1212 times)

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
Network Printing...
« on: June 26, 2004, 07:50:21 am »

I have this huge home network (2 computers).  On the first computer, I have WindozeXP.  On the second computer, I dual boot Windoze2000 & Linux (Mandrake 9.1).  I have a Canon S520 printer on the first computer.  

I hit the Net & found some info on setting up a Canon S520 to print (though the info was sort of vague), but it seems that it was for direct connection, not networked.  

I connected to the printer using CUPS & seem to be able to communicate a bit with it (i.e., when I send a print job, the printer will turn itself on), but it will not actually print the document, regardless of form (plain text or Open Office doc are the two I tried).  

Any suggestions?  

Joe

===============================
I don't have any solution, but I certainly admire the problem.
-Ashleigh Brilliant

There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Pages: [1]   Go Up