The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pyre  (Read 8299 times)

Pagan

Re: Pyre
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 06:12:10 am »

GET A MEMORY KEY (oops, sorry for yelling -- my finger slipped on the caps key. :-) ) ... and put your works on it!

I'll get back to you about the account.

George Potter

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 03:14:25 pm »

GET A MEMORY KEY (oops, sorry for yelling -- my finger slipped on the caps key. :-) ) ... and put your works on it!

I have a USB drive that I store all my writing in, on a Puppy Linux build, and wear everywhere. In fact, if you look at the picture in "The A Is For Anarchy" you can see it hanging around my neck. I also use the massive storage space of gmail as a secondary backup. I back up once a week.

The stuff for 'Apocrypha' was mainly just one off forum posts that I wrote on the fly...mainly humor and parody. I'm certainly not going to back up every post I make to forums. I'm not that egotistical. :P

Lazarus Long

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 10:02:40 pm »

Thanks for that poignant reminder, George.

BTW, I had to rewrite my acknowledgments. It got erased somehow. And the Apocrypha will be much smaller because one of my old forums has disappeared completely and the other crashed so severely that out of 1592 posts I only have 14 left. :(

But, oh well. :P

Have you tried the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org, to see if perhaps they've got mirrors of the forums that went down?

PM if I can help.

Lazarus
"Whatever is funny is subversive, every joke is ultimately a custard pie... a dirty joke is... a sort of mental revolution." - Orwell

Plinker-MS

• Techie
  • Nobody in Particular
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 12:18:33 am »

Good stuff, George.

...added to the Best of George Potter thread.  A few days late.

George Potter

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 12:26:28 am »

Thanks for that poignant reminder, George.

BTW, I had to rewrite my acknowledgments. It got erased somehow. And the Apocrypha will be much smaller because one of my old forums has disappeared completely and the other crashed so severely that out of 1592 posts I only have 14 left. :(

But, oh well. :P

Have you tried the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org, to see if perhaps they've got mirrors of the forums that went down?

PM if I can help.

Lazarus

That might work for one of the forums. Unfortunately, the other was a private club type deal. Thanks for the reminder about the Wayback. :)

Good stuff, George.

...added to the Best of George Potter thread.  A few days late.

Thankee, Plink. :)

Ghost

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 12:54:19 am »

Beautiful, dark, and stirring, thanks as always for sharing your talents George
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up