The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special People  (Read 9319 times)

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Special People
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:48:39 pm »

Via self-employment, or underemployment, I have led a modest little existance.  Every year I hire a professional to deal with the IRS.  These guys don't get emotional about it, don't want to shoot the bast***s and don't much care if they have to face an audit. For a long time, I've had a nice truce with the revenooers - they don't get anything from me and I don't hurt anybody.

Last year I sold my business and moved outta Dodge. Dang it, but all that depreciation and accounting BS turned into income in IRS-speak.  Shucks, we just moved and lived off'n it until jobs showed up and fixed our new house and, gosh, are just livin' on the margins like we always have.  BUT the IRS wants some serious money this year.

Knowing the 16th amendment was not legally ratified, knowing the income tax doesn't legally apply to income earned within our borders, knowing many people win in court against the IRS, knowing the immorality and evil government does with confiscated moneys and knowing a whole bunch more along this line...

I cannot morally pay the income tax my accountant calculates the IRS will demand.

So what to do?

I decided to look in the mirror, say "coward" and pay it.

I have to admit to myself that I do not have the courage of my convictions.  Not now.  Not in my current life.  I'm not ready to do battle.  Visions of SWAT teams, handcuffs, incarceration and so on just get in the way of what I'm doing right now.

... and I thought I was special.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
Re: Special People
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:29:43 am »

Go easy, dude.  You're not ready to be Ed Brown, fine.  You have to pick your battles, and I think you've made a wise choice not to fight the enemy on his own turf by his own rules.
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:08:00 am »

This is the way I see it.

You have no moral obligation to pay your "fair share" to the IRS.  You don't need me to tell you that; you've already got it.

But you also have no moral obligation not to, if doing so protects you from harm.  "Patriotic duty," or any other non-voluntary collective duty, is bullshit no matter who's trying to put it on you.

Let's approach it by analogy.  You're walking down a street and five armed guys surround you.  "Your money or your life," they say.  You can kick yourself for getting caught like that, and I expect you would.  You can feel like a little turd when you hand over your valuables.  But are you really morally obligated to draw down and die, for the sake of your honor?  You are not.  So you got caught this time.  It happens.  Live to fight another day.

Cut yourself some slack and try to derive lessons learned.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Evil Twin

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:41:13 am »

What Joel said.  Sometimes you just got to pay your protection money.  You are the victim here, so don't beat yourself up because you got robbed by the biggest street gang in the history of the planet.

Mr. Bill

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 12:01:51 pm »

Ditto what everyone else said.  And also:

For a long time, I've had a nice truce with the revenooers - they don't get anything from me and I don't hurt anybody.

You should pat yourself on the back for this success.

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 12:04:34 pm »

You should pat yourself on the back for this success.

Yeah, that's something I've been wishing I'd said.  Don't forget that in terms of "doing your duty" - if you see it as a duty - to starve the beast you're already worlds ahead of nearly everyone in the country.  You owe no apologies; rather, be proud that at least you're in the fight.

What I'm saying; you are one of the special people.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Shevek

• Liberty-Minded Fussitarian Nit-Picker
    • Simple Liberty
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 09:03:38 pm »

You can still pay and monkey-wrench the process---if you possess the desire and energy.

If you have actually received a letter alleging a debt owed, then post a bond for the alleged debt due. Posting the bond prevents the parasites from charging compound interest. Then play the entire administrative game to the hilt. Exhaust every available remedy. The administrative parasites will not budge. Eventually they will issue a statutory notice of deficiency, which is not actually a notice of deficiency but a notice of proposed deficiency. They simply never tell anybody this. You then have 90 days to petition the tax court. You will not appear before the man in the black dress (to my last knowledge all the judges are male) for 12 to 18 months after petitioning. You then argue your case based upon evidence (no patriot crap or you lose immediately). The judge takes anywhere from 3 to 9 months to issue an opinion. If you lose you then appeal or pay. But the process consumes 2 to 3 years and nothing rankles a bureaucrat like an open file case.

I'm convinced that if a minority of people played this game, despite still paying, that the income tax system would collapse within months, even weeks. There are not enough agents or judges to deal with that kind of load.

Another way to rankle the parasites is let them steal but never file a return. They then cannot close the files. Just make sure they steal at least $1 more than they allege you owe---a simple spreadsheet exercise for most people.

Of course, if you are judgment proof then you can monkey-wrench in other ways too, primarily by voting with your feet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:05:57 pm by Shevek »
"But there was always time for swimming and for talking, and never a time by which a task must be finished. There were no hours: only whole days, whole nights." The Children of the Open Sea, The Farthest Shore, Ursula K. Le Guin.

http://www.simpleliberty.org/   http://humanreadable.nfshost.com/

ff42

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 01:43:10 pm »

Please tell us more about the process of posting a bond - do you go to a private lawyer? another branch of government? thanks

Shevek

• Simple Liberty
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »

Please tell us more about the process of posting a bond - do you go to a private lawyer? another branch of government? thanks
Seems to me that simply posting a bond anywhere will suffice, as long as the bond can be certified as legitimate. Check the yellow pages for bonding companies. Send the administrative parasites a certified copy of the bond filing papers. I do not think an attorney is necessary, but somebody accountable and qualified has to be appointed to hold the funds. I imagine bankers or credit union people can do this as well as attorneys or dedicated bonding companies. There are minimal procedures to follow to post a bond in order to make the bond legitimate. For example, posting a bond with a family member probably is not well received.

A difference between the bond and simply opening a savings account is that the parasites cannot easily steal the bond as they do with bank accounts. Technically one does not need outright cash to post the bond, but something equitable should the bonds person be required to actually pay. The administrative parasites have no administrative process in place to deal with bonds directly, but posting a bond is a good way to befriend a person wearing a black dress should such a day arrive. Posting the bond proves a "good faith" effort and prevents the accrual of interest or penalties. Once the bond is posted a person can play the administrative game for two to three years. In the end you still pay the bribes. Generally, only people who are 100% judgment proof have beaten the income tax racket, a distinct minority of people. Therefore the next best thing is monkey-wrenching for a while.
"But there was always time for swimming and for talking, and never a time by which a task must be finished. There were no hours: only whole days, whole nights." The Children of the Open Sea, The Farthest Shore, Ursula K. Le Guin.

Ire

• Anarchist
    • Mosslight
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 07:43:35 pm »

... and I thought I was special.

Nobody is the type of hero you see in movie theaters. Humans aren't like that. You live to fight another day, by giving in a little now. It's a slippery slope though, and you have to be careful.

But I don't blame you, and I don't think anyone here will. The idea that you could spend some extra cash or go to jail for a long time (or die) well, personally, I think that unless I had nothing to lose, I would spend the money.

Thing is, I think it makes you less likely to succumb the next time something more important comes around.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 07:46:13 pm by KriegHund »
There are no heroes, and wishes only come true in fairy tales.

www.mosslight.blogspot.com

Shevek

• Simple Liberty
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 12:14:38 am »

. . . or go to jail for a long time . . .
With respect to taxes, a person faces potential imprisonment only under criminal prosecution, not civil or administrative. Only high profile individuals face the risk of criminal prosecution. Those types of people are those who receive high incomes or are publicly vocal in the tax movement---both are "newsworthy" targets. Of the millions of people who fail or refuse to file, or fail or refuse to pay the full alleged debt, only about 300 are selected to face criminal prosecution. Out of that number only a few actually go to trial. Overwhelmingly the easier route for the parasites is the administrative route. Most people never fight and the parasites merely end up stealing property under the color of law simply by shuffling paper work.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 09:34:35 pm »

I know I'm Late BUT ....

Hey SMS,

Let's not be beating up on the First Trombone of the Anarchist Marching Band.

We might just need a First Trombone for our victory march after the Recovery.

I too feel just a little dirty when I HAVE TO deal with the parasites BUT I [We ?] at least Know I'm being fleeced which is better than Most.
I don't remember the Roman General's name that said  ".... live to fight another day." [Greek ?]
I sometimes wish that I hadn't slept through so many classes back in Propaganda High.

Shevek,

By 100% Judgment Proof do you mean that there is NO Real Estate that can be attached ?
[Land, buildings, bank accounts, et cetera]
I get confused by legalese.
[Isn't it  supposed to work like that ?]

Where would the titles be kept ? A sons name ?  A fictitious Other Person ? Un-married "Spouse" ?

Geez the hypocrisy we are forced to adopt to protect our private property when the Constitution clearly says .......
Mumbling and head shaking continues ..........
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

vonuvan

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »

Sometimes the piper takes a little longer to collect what you owe him for the dancing you've been doing.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 07:47:56 pm »

Sometimes the piper takes a little longer to collect what you owe him for the dancing you've been doing.

I only pay pipers that I have invited to play.
Bandits in stolen Pipers hats get nothing from me.
BTW that's not a pipe in his hands it's a machine gun he especially gets nothing.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

vonuvan

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 08:08:30 pm »

. . . or go to jail for a long time . . .
With respect to taxes, a person faces potential imprisonment only under criminal prosecution, not civil or administrative. Only high profile individuals face the risk of criminal prosecution. Those types of people are those who receive high incomes or are publicly vocal in the tax movement---both are "newsworthy" targets. Of the millions of people who fail or refuse to file, or fail or refuse to pay the full alleged debt, only about 300 are selected to face criminal prosecution. Out of that number only a few actually go to trial. Overwhelmingly the easier route for the parasites is the administrative route. Most people never fight and the parasites merely end up stealing property under the color of law simply by shuffling paper work.

And, administrative law courts have no authority to compel attendance, something few seem to remember, if they ever knew it.
So, we should just say no to attending their courts of no authority. If enough of us did that, either they'd stop bothering us, or drag us into courts of competant authority.
Pages: [1]   Go Up