The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Outlaw Trail  (Read 120245 times)

geopotter72

Re: Outlaw Trail
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2008, 08:31:27 pm »

After a respectful pause to see if Dare or Pagan changed their mind, I happily announce that I'm reclaiming my idea. :D

Outlaw Press will be an imprint for my work, interesting freedom-related public domain reprints, and a welcome home to any TMM writer who'd like to publish under a united front. I'll use either lulu or wordclay for POD services, and any writer who is published will have their own account for revenue purposes.

My main question, I suppose, is if it would be ok for me to use the wolf logo? It was used on the SYMBOLS FLOW title page and never fails to make me smile proudly.

Claire? Would ya mind?

Dare2BFree

« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2008, 05:56:54 am »

I have not changed my mind.  Life happens... and right now I have to much stuff going on to even think about OT.  Hell, I want to find time somewhere for my own writing that I have been neglecting for years.

Good luck and best wishes with it.
If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker

Pagan

« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2008, 07:46:29 am »

Go for it, George. I’d be very happy to see the name and/or logo put to freedom’s use; that’s where it belongs!

If there’s any way I can help, please email me.

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2008, 05:53:02 pm »

After a respectful pause to see if Dare or Pagan changed their mind, I happily announce that I'm reclaiming my idea. :D

Well, if you're interested I've got four novels looking for an imprint.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Junker

« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2008, 06:28:21 pm »

Very cool. I'm a customer.

geopotter72

« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2008, 10:49:47 pm »

Well, if you're interested I've got four novels looking for an imprint.

Cool. :) Right now I'm doing some research on the relative merits of lulu vs. wordclay: base price, binding fee and (most importantly) shipping and handling costs. I've been happy with lulu on everything except shipping and handling.

I'll keep you posted, bro. :)

geopotter72

« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2008, 12:42:59 am »

OK, after some research I have decided to stick with Lulu. wordclay's s&h was a tiny bit cheaper, but they offered far less options in design, cover art and binding. Also, I am absolutely thrilled with how my book turned out (and THANK YOU once again to Pagan & Dare for their superb work!).

Joel -- I have my brother working on a 'special edition' cover for Songs. I'll send you a jpeg as soon as he's finished messing with it. In simple description:

A man and two children sit by a fire. The man is obviously telling a story. The children are rapt, listening. The flame and smoke rise from the fire and in them is the image of a man with his back turned to the viewer -- in t-shirt, jeans, sunglasses and a ballcap. Strapped to his back is a shotgun. On his hip is a holdtered pistol. His right hand is raised in defiance.

Sound interesting? :D

Joel

« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2008, 10:59:12 am »

Christ in a cattle car, that's a lot better than the cover pic I've been carrying around in my mind for a year.  Do you have access to anyone who could draw it?  Or are we talking Photoshop?

Dibs on the poster!
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

geopotter72

« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2008, 03:46:44 pm »

Christ in a cattle car, that's a lot better than the cover pic I've been carrying around in my mind for a year.  Do you have access to anyone who could draw it?  Or are we talking Photoshop?

Dibs on the poster!

It'll be drawn in pencil, 'inked' and colored and manipulated in PaintShop Pro or GIMP.

I'll keep you up to date. My brother draws slowly.

Pagan

« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2008, 06:30:02 pm »

Dibs on the poster!

Do you know anyone who does good poster work? I'd love to have one of those too!

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2008, 06:50:07 pm »

Dibs on the poster!

Do you know anyone who does good poster work? I'd love to have one of those too!

One of our former TCFers (and a good friend of mine) has a print shop. She did the Gadsden Girl posters for me last year. I'd be glad to put anybody in touch with her.

And George, my brother, by all means use that logo and publish away!

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

geopotter72

« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »

And George, my brother, by all means use that logo and publish away!

Claire

Thanks and much obliged! :)

Junker

« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2008, 07:36:02 pm »

Ahhh...honor among outlaws...good to see.

Reminds me of the old days...the hole-in-bell gang...

Gosh, how I miss it.

MsSage

« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2009, 06:12:03 pm »

Its been a year since anything has been posted here......Is there a book? If so where to find it?
There are some talented people on here.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

Joel

« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2009, 06:28:54 pm »

Its been a year since anything has been posted here......Is there a book? If so where to find it?
There are some talented people on here.
Technically I don't think it's an Outlaw Trail book, but Symbols Flow did get Lulu-published and is still available.  Great stuff, too.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up