The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Outlaw Trail  (Read 120149 times)

Lightning

• Heheheh...
Re: Outlaw Trail
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2007, 10:03:03 am »

Lightning should've received an email from me recently, and I have no problem with that address being handed off to anybody else that's involved in this.

:huh:  I haven't seen any email from you, Roy, having checked several eddresses.  If you can resend it in a PM, that would be great, or to taranjordan AT hush DOT ai.  Thanks!  :)
I'm damn well free to dance through life even if 'they' expect me to cringe and crawl.

"Your life is an occasion.  Rise to it."  --Dustin Hoffman as Mr. Magorium, in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2007, 02:06:19 am »

Lightning should've received an email from me recently, and I have no problem with that address being handed off to anybody else that's involved in this.

:huh:  I haven't seen any email from you, Roy, having checked several eddresses.  If you can resend it in a PM, that would be great, or to taranjordan AT hush DOT ai.  Thanks!  :)

PM sent...
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Lightning

• Heheheh...
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2007, 02:19:05 pm »

Look for a reply in your PM box.  :)
I'm damn well free to dance through life even if 'they' expect me to cringe and crawl.

"Your life is an occasion.  Rise to it."  --Dustin Hoffman as Mr. Magorium, in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2007, 02:56:59 am »

Look for a reply in your PM box.  :)

Got it,  and replied.

Now,  maybe I can do something in this endeavor?  Heaven only knows what (and they ain't telling me :-),  but I'm sure we can figure something out...
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

George Potter

« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2007, 03:54:42 am »

So, has this become shrouded in secrecy or something?

Lightning

• Heheheh...
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2007, 12:48:57 pm »

:laugh:  Good heavens, no, GP.  Roy was just offering some friendly advice.

The only thing that's shrouded in mystery at this point is when we'll find time to press on with the bigger plans. 

But, as I think (anyway, hope) you all know, OT's initial project - the TCF cookbook - is moving ahead as we speak.  And lookin' good, too.  Gotta get a printing quote from Lewlew here pretty darn soon.

George Potter

« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2007, 03:45:42 pm »

:P

I was just curious. I didn't mean to refer to the exchange with Roy, in particular.  I just hoped it hadn't died. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:50:32 pm by Gloryroad »

linuxfan

« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2007, 12:51:10 pm »

I'll proofread. I may not be much on the imagination side of writing, but I can spot a typo from a mile
away. Same thing with syntax and grammar errors.

TooTallDawkins

« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2007, 10:58:03 am »

I'll proofread. I may not be much on the imagination side of writing, but I can spot a typo from a mile

That's good to know. I'm a comma fan. In case you haven't noticed, I use more than necessary. It's the result of reading Shakespeare in the original First Folio. Since I first learned about rhetorical vs. grammatical punctuation, I am overwhelmed with commas.

Shorty

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2007, 01:02:11 pm »

That's good to know. I'm a comma fan. In case you haven't noticed, I use more than necessary. It's the result of reading Shakespeare in the original First Folio. Since I first learned about rhetorical vs. grammatical punctuation, I am overwhelmed with commas.

Shorty

:laugh: That's a better excuse than mine.  I just tell folks I picked up a whole bunch wholesale before Y2K, and they're getting past their expiration date so I have to use them up...
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

TooTallDawkins

« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2007, 11:19:53 am »

Joel,
  When making excuses, my mother encouraged us to be imaginative.  :laugh:

Shorty

PintofStout

• Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
    • Murphy's Bye-Laws
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2007, 03:49:28 pm »

Is there still talk of starting with a webzine or anything?  I'll be getting to the Edward Abbey bio pretty soon.

Incidentally, I've been thinking about how to go about a transition from writing for practice to trying to write for profit and, like, a real job.  Any ideas?
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.
               Seldom Seen Smith of The Monkeywrench Gang by Edward Abbey

Check out my blog and tell me what you think: http://pintofstout.wordpress.com
I also have some poetry and non-political stuff here: http://anonymous.trout.googlepages.com

Pagan

« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2007, 06:17:14 pm »

PintofStout:
Is there still talk of starting with a webzine or anything?  I'll be getting to the Edward Abbey bio pretty soon.

Incidentally, I've been thinking about how to go about a transition from writing for practice to trying to write for profit and, like, a real job.  Any ideas?

Hey, glad you're back.

We're hoping to give some news on the webzine shortly. In any case, start writing; Abbey is a worthy subject!

The OT webzine might be an excellent place to send up trial balloons for establishing a writing career. Though it's still a little bit early for us to be taking ms, anyone interested in serious writing (even if you write humor) might keep us in mind. 

George Potter

« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2007, 07:04:59 am »

Congrats to Outlaw Trail (and the hardworking folks who made it happen) on their first production:

101+ Things To Cook 'til The Revolution!

Pagan, Dare, Thunder, Lightning -- take a well deserved bow! :)

May this be the first of many!

Dare2BFree

« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2007, 07:50:14 pm »

I just went through and re-read this entire thread. Wow – what an amazing outpouring of ideas and enthusiasm!

It makes the reason I’m posting here all that more difficult.

As of this morning, the cookbook has sold 23 copies. Symbols Flow, George Potter’s book, is currently being edited and the cover set up. It should be ready for a proof copy in a few weeks. After these are done, Outlaw Trail Media will not go forward with any other projects.

There were many who expressed concerns on how OT would work in reality, most notably Shevek. He is a wise man. Pagan and I have gone over these concerns many times. Some we worked out – those that might work in reality and not just theory. However, there are other issues where we were unable to find a solution that would not compromise someone in some way – specific concerns about taxes, “legality”, those who want to remain ghosts, those who’re willing to be the “public” face of OT and the possible risks they would take. We will not compromise the well-being and anonymity of any freedom outlaw. At the present time, there seems to be no way to protect everyone.

Although OT is not continuing as was previously hoped, both Pagan and I plan on offering our respective services for hire. Look to future posts in the Services Offered thread for more details on how we may help you reach your literary goals.
If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up