The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 152   Go Down

Author Topic: New member intro thread  (Read 388106 times)

La Touche

Re: New member intro thread
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 06:40:09 pm »

Why thank-e there Mr. Bill

I’ll try my dangedest not to ruffle too many tail feathers.

Now if you’ll point me to the nearest water hole, I’ll start me tab, and buy ya a drink.

L.T.

Mr. Bill

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 08:35:08 pm »

Veneratio Prius Laus Excessum Prius Fundo

Okay, I've got my wife standing here with her Latin dictionary saying things like "ablative" and trying to figure this out.

My guess is there's a little hybrid car you like but it costs too much!

La Touche

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 11:23:35 pm »

Honor Before Glory, Death Before Defeat

It all depends on how you hold your tongue when you say it.
That’s the thing about Latin, every word has two or three different meanings.

I would give you the other translation, but there may be ladies, and small children present.

L. T.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:41:49 pm by La Touche »

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 01:06:59 pm »

Thanks L.T.

I had two translations I was working on and one of them involved pizzas and the other had something to do with excessive
age.... :laugh:

Laudable sentiment.
I subscribe as well.

Welcome [from a newby hisself]

gooch
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

goddess

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »

^_^ Hola , NB here actually followed my friend Ponce over here. Interesting site, looks like I have a bit of reading to do. Nice to meet you all.

oldlever308

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 11:14:06 am »

Hello all. I have been around for awhile but never have much need to speak or much to say. As I mentioned elsewhere I am not much of a talker. This is however a great place and I really like reading the posts of others. :)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 03:34:11 pm »

Hi Lever, Glad you are enjoying the conversation... Just think one more post and you will get "Newbie" again! :occasion14:
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

oldlever308

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 06:00:45 pm »

Thank you for the welcome sir. And with this post I am indeed back to normal. :)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

OkieDokie

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 06:33:19 pm »

Howdy,

Retired military guy here pleasantly, permanently unemployed.  Enjoy riding motorcycles cross country, shooting guns, hunting, fishing, working in the garden and come evening time sipping a wee bit of straight whiskey in the hot tub.  Life is good, politicians suck.

:wave:

Ardent Listener

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 07:54:11 pm »

I'm Ardent Listener.  Some of you may have already seen me on other forums.  I'm into survival, silver, and base metals. (Copper and Nickel).

Mr. Bill

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 10:11:49 pm »

Greetings and welcome, OkieDokie and Ardent Listener!

PJ

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 11:20:24 pm »

:wave:  Hello there.  I found Claire's website and forum while surfing around for info on freedom, libertarianism, anarchism, etc.  I've been moving in this directiion for the past couple of years (though I had libertarian leanings before that), as the nation increasingly seems to be marching toward a police state.  I'm still learning, and hope to gain more knowledge by joining in on the discussions here...or maybe just asking lots of questions!  I hope you're all on the patient side!  ^_^

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 05:07:38 am »

Greetings, PJ.  And welcome. 
There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot

oldlever308

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 07:38:35 am »

Lever308, is the browning BLR still the only one?

I believe that is the only one still being made although I could be wrong. But my field companion for the last several years has been a savage model 99 and that is where I take my screen name from. I know it like the back of my hand and have used it to pot everything from rabbits to deer to even a black bear once, but do not tell anyone about that one since it was not in season. :)

velojym

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 10:40:51 am »

Of course, now there's the .308 Marlin, to be used in the 336XLR. Interesting, but at this point I'd be after the BLR... until
I was sure of the future of the cartridge. Vicious circle, that. Gotta rely on the early adopters to ensure a cartridge's success,
cuz most of us won't dive in until it scales up.
http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=481
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 152   Go Up