The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 152   Go Down

Author Topic: New member intro thread  (Read 384231 times)

New member intro thread
« on: December 24, 2006, 02:02:57 pm »

New members: If you want to introduce yourself, feel free to post your hellos and interests in this thread. (It's not required, but some people like to do it.)

When you first join, you can reply to posts and can receive and reply to private messages. But you can't start your own threads until you've established yourself with at least 5 reply posts. (This is to discourage board spammers and to avoid n00bs coming in and asking questions that have already been covered in earlier discussions.)

Have fun -- and if you have a question you think others here might be able to answer, use the search function; your question might already be answered.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:07:15 am by Claire »

Phssthpok

Re: New member intro thread
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 08:25:59 pm »

Dont worry... we don't bite.

Much. :ph34r:

motherbatherick

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 01:52:06 am »

Dont worry... we don't bite.

Much. :ph34r:
Yes we do.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 01:48:52 am »

motherbatherick  and  phssthpok

How do.

Not afraid of a bite now and then. Didn't come to fight or bite. Came looking for like minded folks.

Meanwhile;
 I joined up pretty recently and listed myself in the "where are we" post over in the gulching threads.

I'll let that be my intro.

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Kael

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 09:22:45 am »

I'm a pretty recent member, been reading a lurking for a while now.

Hello!

Mr. Bill

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 02:23:52 pm »

Welcome, gooch and Kael!

I don't think motherbatherick actually bites anymore, but he may have gummed someone to death once, so be careful.

Diogenes

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 05:43:03 pm »

Hi all  :hello:

Very happy to discover Claire's books and this forum.  Am a regular Backwoods Home reader also.  I live close to various bands of Anishinaabe in the north woods area of the hopefully soon to be historical country called the USA.  Plenty of water, fish and game up here; maybe a little chilly in the wintertime, but that suits me fine.  In fact, it's not getting cold enough in the winter lately; hopefully that will change otherwise may need to move further north.

From looking around the forum I will be learning a lot from you all - thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

D

ShortyDawkins

• Liberty Vanguard 2011
  • Legends are made here.
    • Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 05:48:29 pm »

Hi all  :hello:

Very happy to discover Claire's books and this forum.  Am a regular Backwoods Home reader also.  I live close to various bands of Anishinaabe in the north woods area of the hopefully soon to be historical country called the USA.  Plenty of water, fish and game up here; maybe a little chilly in the wintertime, but that suits me fine.  In fact, it's not getting cold enough in the winter lately; hopefully that will change otherwise may need to move further north.

From looking around the forum I will be learning a lot from you all - thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

D

Hi D! Welcome aboard. Sorry for the heat wave.

Shorty
Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
http://www.shortydawkins.weebly.com

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 06:28:02 pm »

Sorry for the heat wave.

Shorty
So, you are the one causing global warming!

Shame on you!   :laugh:
There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot

ShortyDawkins

• Liberty Vanguard 2011
  • Legends are made here.
    • Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 07:14:36 pm »

Sorry for the heat wave.

Shorty
So, you are the one causing global warming!

Shame on you!   :laugh:

Shorty's spirit is a warm spirit, spreading across the land. Side effects are unintended.

Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
http://www.shortydawkins.weebly.com

PartickHenry

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 05:06:55 pm »

Hi folks! I live in the occupied Kingdom of Hawaii. Osborn F Enready told me about this forum. He and I met on another board and saw eye to eye. We had a meetup last fall at a restaurant near his home close to Lake Erie. I was in the mainland on a family visit.

It looks like I might fit in here, 'cause I am a misfit in most situations where people talk politics. I try to be nice, but it's the CONTENT of my discussions that offends. I am sorta seeking a new roost or two, thinking I have played out the other board after 9000 posts.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 06:03:01 pm »

:hello: Hi Patrick, and Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around the board.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

motherbatherick

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 11:19:03 am »

Hi folks! I live in the occupied Kingdom of Hawaii. Osborn F Enready told me about this forum. He and I met on another board and saw eye to eye. We had a meetup last fall at a restaurant near his home close to Lake Erie. I was in the mainland on a family visit.

It looks like I might fit in here, 'cause I am a misfit in most situations where people talk politics. I try to be nice, but it's the CONTENT of my discussions that offends. I am sorta seeking a new roost or two, thinking I have played out the other board after 9000 posts.
Greetings Patrick!

La Touche

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 02:09:26 pm »

Reportin     for     duty     a     day     early      “Sir”

Mr. Bill

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 04:39:33 pm »

Oh dear.  A new member who knows Latin and how to use the "Marquee" button.  We're in trouble now.

Welcome, La Touche!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 152   Go Up