The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Questions (With Insufficient Answers) And A Single Shining Maybe  (Read 11192 times)

Undefined

Re: Five Questions (With Insufficient Answers) And A Single Shining Maybe
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:34 pm »

If you must know, I am Autistic. Unlike you, I was not
born with social skills, and I find socializing to be
confusing to this day. I only talk about my experiences,
because it would be pointless to tell about experiences
which I was not party to. I listen to others experiences
too. But I wasn't there so I can't describe them to you.
Actually, I rarely talk about my hobbies. I enjoy ceramics,
drawing maps by hand, and fishing. I was taught to be a
potter by two masters who specialized in different
methods in order to get a well-rounded education in
techniques. My style has evolved into a fusion of Native-
American and Irish pottery styles. I enjoy hand-built as
well as thrown pottery. I only cast small items and bottles.
Cooking is something I'm really good at, but it isn't a hobby.

Seriously, man, did you have to agree with me so spectacularly? I mean you basically screamed "Yes! I AM RETARDED!" while lighting yourself on fire, doing a backflip off your porch into a tub of squirrel guts, shooting flaming fuckin' glitter out of your asshole. Filmed by the ghost of Busby Berkley with choreography by the shambling zombie of Gene Kelly.

Maybe if you weren't so rude you'd make more friends.

Rude? I give away a free story on a website, in the proper category, and am accused of trolling by someone who 1)admits they don't understand the story and 2) reads massive shit into it that simply doesn't exist. That's rude. To imagine, somehow, that a parody of Internet FAQs written by people who shouldn't be writing them, that invents an intentionally ridiculous creation tale to explain the world and functions as a metaphor about the origins of the State and, if anything is a sly poke at anarchists (the snotty writer) and minarchists (the ever hopeful reader), was intended to slight Christians boggles my fucking mind. Especially when I outright say: "No, that's not what I intended it to be." I am then basically told it's somehow deceitful to use 'them fancy metaphoricals.'

As I said to begin with, get over yourself. This is why most people find Christians to be so unsympathetic. They wander around imaging slights and threats everywhere. To imagine that a social change to saying 'Happy Holidays' and removing publicly funded nativity scenes constitutes 'a war on Christmas' shows paranoia at best.

Quit acting so childish.
It seems you never learned to play nice. You also seem to have a potty mouth,
the obvious result of a small, stagnant mind. Do some thinking some time you
imbecilic simpleton! You boorish twit. Where do you get off asking me if
I'm retarded?! My Brain is far more sophisticated than your diminutive encephalon
could ever hope to be. I've enjoyed our little chat. If you don't know some of
these words, don't hesitate to ask an adult for help. ^ _ ^

Protip: When attempting to 'flame' someone, it is not wise to crib insults from mid 50's era Harlequin romance paperbacks.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 02:56:29 pm »

It's dangerous to get into a pissing match with Potter. He'll write a yellow treatise on the wall explaining an incredible detail of the nature of the universe long before most contestants have even unzipped their pants.

There's a reason he was once relegated to his own section of the board. He doesn't pull punches. If he didn't write so well, he might not be welcome here, but I'm happy to discount his temper if only he'll post more stories. And I don't think I'm alone in that. If you aren't, use the "Ignore" button.

My social skills aren't too hot, either, but I'm good at being quiet about it, except when I'm not.

-----

"Don't touch the world, Johnny. It ain't safe."

"Oh, goody!"
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Undefined

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 03:07:59 pm »

It's dangerous to get into a pissing match with Potter. He'll write a yellow treatise on the wall explaining an incredible detail of the nature of the universe long before most contestants have even unzipped their pants.

There's a reason he was once relegated to his own section of the board. He doesn't pull punches. If he didn't write so well, he might not be welcome here, but I'm happy to discount his temper if only he'll post more stories. And I don't think I'm alone in that. If you aren't, use the "Ignore" button.

And here I was trying to be nice. :P

This is what gets me: people who insult others by accusing them of trolling, and calling their work 'bullshit'. Then, when their target responds likewise, they become wide-eyed innocents, insisting they were entirely polite and decorous simply because they used no profanity while insulting someone. That's just fake and lame.

Anywho, I'm done. The Christian Coalition is ignored. (I've been 'manually' ignoring Duck for months anyway) But heres a little advice: I have no ego about my stories. You can criticize them up and down all day. You can say you hated it or that you think it sucks. I won't mind a bit. But do not try to claim they mean something other than what they mean. I wrote the damn things. I know what they mean.

Dana

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 12:12:57 pm »

I think this piece is pretty good evidence that George is a consummate professional. Like Francois Rabelais. Or Simeon the Holy Fool. Amateurs like Douglas Adams need not apply ;-)

I'm still smiling.

"I sometimes think God is a shit and He wouldn't be worth it otherwise. He's much more interesting when He is a shit."  -- Madeleine L'Engle

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 05:46:10 pm »

Keep writing GP.
And thanks for post here.
(I wish I had half your talent.)
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up