The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Attack Iran Before Christmas?  (Read 2824 times)

teotwawki

Attack Iran Before Christmas?
« on: December 05, 2006, 11:54:21 pm »

Alex Jones had a dude that supposedly was an ex-blackops handler on this evening.  This guy is going on and on about how we're going to attack Iran before Christmas.  That Cheney was just in Saudi asking for permission.  He went on to say, "why would you park 4 carriers within tac nuke range of Iran"?

He also mentioned that this is Iran's wet dream, that they can nuke Iraq and the carrier groups and basically decapitate a large percentage of our strategic capacity in one fell swoop.

I dunno, this gives me the jitters.

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Re: Attack Iran Before Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:02:26 am »

Y'know it would really piss me off if in my last moments on earth I was seeing that those self-serving, greedy, money-grubbing, murdering warm mongers started the nuclear world war exactly as those religious bible-thumping fanatics said they would.

Topping it all off would be my last seconds as I see the car in front of me, with that stupid "rapture" bumper sticker going out of control without its driver.

I'm going to be so mad that I didn't take my .308 to Washington DC the day before...
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

teotwawki

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 12:13:41 am »

Well, if it's any consolation many of us well armed and well trained sinners will be left behind with you  ^_^

teotwawki

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:18:42 am »

The Rapture(tm) or the attack on Iran?

:rolleyes:

Ain't gonna happen.

Special Agent

• Evil Fed LEO and "Provisional Anarch"
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:39:41 am »

Very doubtful.

Nation is in an anti-war mood.

Without significant provocation, it would be a political impossibility.

HOWEVER, THAT SAID, provocations can be invented...
Gentlemen, Ladies, I will support the New Freedom Experiment fully despite my better judgement. 

I have formally lodged my complaints and issued my dire predictions for the record.

Let us pray that I am wrong...

Hereafter, you may consider me a Provisional Anarchist for the purposes of promoting peace and unity among my friends and allies.

Yours Truly,

Special Agent

henshawe

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 09:44:29 am »

G'Day All,

Both, no rapture. No attack on Iran.

Regards,

Americus

dgg9

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:45:06 am »

Very doubtful.

Nation is in an anti-war mood.

Without significant provocation, it would be a political impossibility.

HOWEVER, THAT SAID, provocations can be invented...

Agreed.  No way can Bush initiate another war front without provocation, real or faked.  And since Iran has major incentive to NOT provoke -- they'll get everything they want just by standing pat, and risk everything by provoking -- this would be one conspiracy theory I could buy.

Evil Twin

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 09:55:54 am »

It follows an old US tradition of wars following "attacks" on ships....  like the USS Maine, the RMS Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, USS Maddox (Gulf of Tonkin incident)...  am I missing any?

We just have to park some carriers real close to they can be attacked.  Or even if they aren't attacked (like the Maine and the Maddox) and an accident happens, or someone gets jumpy, then its good enough for a war!

dgg9

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 10:01:23 am »

It follows an old US tradition of wars following "attacks" on ships....  like the USS Maine, the RMS Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, USS Maddox (Gulf of Tonkin incident)...  am I missing any?

We just have to park some carriers real close to they can be attacked.  Or even if they aren't attacked (like the Maine and the Maddox) and an accident happens, or someone gets jumpy, then its good enough for a war!

And yet, life imitates art.  9/11 conspiracy theories are semi-mainstream, and with hyper-partisan Dems in control of Congress and the fecundity of the internet, you have to believe that any deus ex machina truly convenient for the Bush administration would be scrutinized.

teotwawki

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 10:28:32 am »

Frankly, this old boy doesn't think that there is much difference between the parties.  The new leadership will go along with the march to war - watch.  I also happen to believe that the way we will get involved is by backing up the idiots in Isreal which are champing at their bits to bomb Iran.  Isreal will attack and we'll have to back them up per our treaties with them.  Or some such variant thereof.

What our government needs to do - preemptively - is to publicly tell Isreal "If you attack Iran you're on your own".

The issue is Stockholm Syndrome - they're genocidal and suicidal at the same time.  The oppressed becomes the oppressor.  Now - the Iranian leadership is whacked too - but thats another story for another time.

And yet, life imitates art.  9/11 conspiracy theories are semi-mainstream, and with hyper-partisan Dems in control of Congress and the fecundity of the internet, you have to believe that any deus ex machina truly convenient for the Bush administration would be scrutinized.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:33:30 am by teotwawki »

dgg9

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 10:50:47 am »

Frankly, this old boy doesn't think that there is much difference between the parties. 

But they think they're different, which is what matters in this regard.  As long as partisan opposition exists, the Dems will look to thwart and obstruct anything the GOP wants to do, not on merit, but on partisanship.  They got elected by running against the Iraq bandwagon.  And the politically defining element within the Dems is dovish, so I doubt they would continue hostilities even with D POTUS in 2009.

teotwawki

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 12:01:36 pm »

Interesting POV.  So in your view the R's don't obstruct things the D's are trying to do based on partisanship?

Frankly, this old boy doesn't think that there is much difference between the parties. 

But they think they're different, which is what matters in this regard.  As long as partisan opposition exists, the Dems will look to thwart and obstruct anything the GOP wants to do, not on merit, but on partisanship.  They got elected by running against the Iraq bandwagon.  And the politically defining element within the Dems is dovish, so I doubt they would continue hostilities even with D POTUS in 2009.

dgg9

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 12:03:11 pm »

Interesting POV.  So in your view the R's don't obstruct things the D's are trying to do based on partisanship?

Why would I think that?  Both parties actively look to obstruct the other, which is front and center their first motivation.

teotwawki

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 12:09:41 pm »

Simply because of your post where you said that was the case, but didn't mention that it was true of both parties.

Why would I think that?  Both parties actively look to obstruct the other, which is front and center their first motivation.

dgg9

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 12:22:16 pm »

Simply because of your post where you said that was the case, but didn't mention that it was true of both parties.

That's because the R vs D political landscape, as it so happens, right now, is laid out that way.

I didn't mention the sky was blue in my post either.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up