The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: planning for TSHTF  (Read 61994 times)

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Re: planning for TSHTF
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2010, 01:34:30 am »

ROTFLMAO

Dang. My fourth trombone caused the end of the world. Now I have nowhere to play. Crap.

Thanks, ZooT, for a good laugh... that did help make the point.

If you have to make tools to make tools to make the parts to make the radio

Yeah............but so goes the manufacture of complex products............

the trip is in the setup time and costs...........and a "one-off" might cost a thousand dollars to make, yet making one thousand might drop that price to $20 each............

And yeah.............one could make a trombone............but after making all the tooling needed to make one, that might cost $50K...........one might as well start making trombones to recover that $50K........and end up selling trombones for $500(just an arbitrary number) two years later.........that is.........if enough people wanted trombones............and if folks didn't want to declare trombones to be "illegal" because they want cheap .223 cartridges...........and they can't get cheap .223 ammo as long as the ammo maker has to compete with the trombone maker for brass............so the ammo maker buys the brass plant and genetically modifies it to make predator brass that makes trombones sound like whiskey farts......so the trombone maker builds his own brass plant, and then the two go to war over the copper used to make the brass............and they both "push the button" and blow the world into smithereens and everyone dies all because slidemansailor mentioned building a god damned trombone on some internet forum :laugh:

If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

motomom

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2010, 03:44:08 pm »

Slideman, no need to cause the end of the world 'cause you are trying to build a trombone.  Just lemme know what you want, I've got lots of 'em!
Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It merely wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

reepotomac

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2011, 07:29:12 pm »

well, alot of you are talking about a severe SHTF scenario, but one little thing- Don't let your car gas tank get less than half full.

gaurdduck

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2011, 08:40:44 pm »

well, alot of you are talking about a severe SHTF scenario, but one little thing- Don't let your car gas tank get less than half full.

Nice to meet you too.

Don't forget to lock your doors before leaving the house. Don't eat poison ivy. Try to remember to eat yer brekkie. Dunnyrats are not food.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2011, 03:48:49 am »

<snort> Half-full or  only 1 gallon left, I have set both means of GOOD up to run on SVO Give me any greasy spoon and I will be fine- any diesel place will work too.  Heck I can run on a lot of stuff including that stuff you find in little silver tanks on abandoned camp trailers and RV's...........   Spent a lot of time learning and setting up the engines to handle that too.  ( an empty tank and refill money on your trailer? You now know one of many who may have been thankful for your deciding to hoof it).

........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

knobster

• Moderator Group
  • Come and take!
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2011, 05:21:38 am »

Welcome reepotomac.  You might want to poke around here a bit before offering pearls of wisdom.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

BrokenSailor

• Today is the best day of my life!
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2011, 10:51:06 pm »

Hi Everyone,
  I usually frequent another forum.  I have been poking around here reading your site and you seem to have a very nice crowd here.  Respectful.  Some of you mention Networking for a SHTF scenario.  How many of you have actually accomplished any networking on this forum?  I sure would like to meet some like minded people in my area who don't scoff at being prepared. 

-Regards,
BS
Regards,
 The Broken Sailor

DiabloLoco

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2011, 09:30:06 am »

Hi Everyone,
  I usually frequent another forum.  I have been poking around here reading your site and you seem to have a very nice crowd here.  Respectful.  Some of you mention Networking for a SHTF scenario.  How many of you have actually accomplished any networking on this forum?  I sure would like to meet some like minded people in my area who don't scoff at being prepared. 

-Regards,
BS
What area are you in?

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2011, 11:51:51 pm »

Where We Be

Totally voluntary of course.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »

Dang, Gooch, the place is getting overrun with sailors. If I start feeling normal, average or common, whatever will I do?

Oh, by the way, the where-we-are list at the top is 3 years old. Where do I lobby or request to get it updated?
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

gaurdduck

« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2011, 01:50:31 am »

Aaaaaaarrrgghh!

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »

Dang, Gooch, the place is getting overrun with sailors. If I start feeling normal, average or common, whatever will I do?

Oh, by the way, the where-we-are list at the top is 3 years old. Where do I lobby or request to get it updated?

Last I heard Dare2BFree was the lady with the keys.

Mayhap that Mr Dare will know and can possibly pass the keys along to the next victim  er uhm volunteer?

It may be that we will need a Moderator to open the access hatches for you. Oops ... well well  looky there.  Mr Dare IS a moderator .... :rolleyes:

If I start feeling normal, average or common, whatever will I do?
Grow a mustache or cut the present one off?
How about a new beard?
Oooo wait!  How about Maori facial tats? Those are still pretty Uncommon.
Then again you could open your own business and make suckers  er ...  customers out of all of the sailors wandering around.(?)

Rum drinks usually sell pretty well in sailing groups.  :dontknow:
And if they ask for those frilly little umbrellas you'll know just what kind of "Sailor" they are won't ya?   Aarrrrgh  :ph34r:

{He runs rapidly away ....}
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

gaurdduck

« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »

Yeah, what Captain Gooch said... Just don't make it an "all you can eat" joint or you'll be out of business in to time.

~ Friendly local distiller/ Pirate King

GK

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2015, 05:09:26 pm »

did you know that you can get PAID to go to college? Anyone can get  5k of grants, per year, which is enough to cover all your expenses at a cheap college.  You can then also get 13k of loans, which, if you work as a nurse, teacher, cop, etc, after college, are "forgiven".  If your GPA is over  3.25, you can also get yet another 4k of grants per year. Tax and SS free, folks. for FIVE years!  :-) and you'll nearly have a master's degree and a LONG history of applying yourself, as well as something to write  (on resumes) and tell people about what you do/ did and where you've been.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up