The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Renounce Your US Citizenship  (Read 35020 times)

Bennie

Re: How To Renounce Your US Citizenship
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 12:58:12 am »

Go to other countries in North, Central, or South America. The locals may ask the visitor where  they are from. People from the U.S. are likely to respond, "I'm American." The locals, though they realize that only one from the U.S. would respond that way, will often look at them like they are idiots....because they consider themselves to be Americans too.....which they are of course.

Don't attempt to renounce your U.S. citizenship unless and until you have a passport from another country.

jamie

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2010, 12:53:50 am »

Go to other countries in North, Central, or South America. The locals may ask the visitor where  they are from. People from the U.S. are likely to respond, "I'm American." The locals, though they realize that only one from the U.S. would respond that way, will often look at them like they are idiots....because they consider themselves to be Americans too.....which they are of course.

Don't attempt to renounce your U.S. citizenship unless and until you have a passport from another country.

I don't know about that. It all depends.  I spent about 5 years in Central and South America and never heard that. But then I always said Los Estados Unidos or later I said I don't have a country.  I don't think most people really care very much about such distinctions.  There are plenty of basically stateless people in those areas. The parasites can't control everything, even though they desperately try. If you don't have anything worth stealing the parasites don't generally go after you.

And I have to say I was treated better than I probably deserved in all my Latin American experience including Mexico.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 12:57:05 am by jamie »

Bennie

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2010, 02:13:42 am »

Thank you for sharing  :laugh:

jamie

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2010, 06:30:04 pm »

Thank you for sharing  :laugh:

And thank you as well.  :laugh:

GK

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2015, 04:54:16 pm »

you only renounce if you're going to leave the US, never come back and if your going to make enough money that paying US taxes (including SS) costs you 20k per year or more. Not really likely for 99% of people.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up