The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photography  (Read 16669 times)

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
Re: Photography
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 08:52:59 am »

Ok, I was able to see Bill St Clair's pics (for better or worse) but the original ones that started this thread are all gone?!?

Yes. SOrry about that. I moved and lost the host site that they were on. I'm working on fixing that now.

[whimper]
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Thunder

• Go away, boy! Ya bother me! -Foghorn Leghorn
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 09:49:51 am »

Ok, all of the links SHOULD be fixed now.  If they aren't, let me know.  I might've missed one.

I'll try to upload some NHRA shots soon, too.
Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

There are no illegal guns, only illegal gun laws.

Thunder

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 08:14:30 pm »

A turned cherry bowl

And no, I didn't make it.  I just took the picture.

And, as promised, John Force.

For those wanting to look at my earlier postings, I must apologize.  I moved them to a new photoblog site so that you could see them.  That site has since gone tits up so I'll have to move them again and update the links.  Sorry.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 08:21:51 pm by Thunder »
Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2006, 06:43:34 am »

Thunder, you are easily good enough to be a pro! I look forward to seeing any photos you ever post.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Thunder

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 08:34:55 am »

What a way to make a guy blush!

Thank you for saying so, Claire.  The hard part I have is figuring out how to conduct business in this field.  I don't have much of a business oriented mind.

I also want to learn more about the technical aspects of photography.  I'm currently debating how to go about learning more.  There's a correspondence course I could take for about $700 or I could take a multitude of classes at the local community college that would cost several grand.  Both should teach me more than I know now. Deciding what is best in the long run and will teach me the most is the hard part.

I will say that if anyone on TCF needs any professional studio shots of anything (be it themselves or a product of their labors), I'm more than willing to do what I can for them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:15:21 pm by Thunder »
Thunder[/color][/font]

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2006, 03:48:24 pm »

Thunder - a quick tech question - what were you using  as a light source to illuminate the
left side of the bowl?

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

Thunder

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 06:19:42 pm »

...what were you using  as a light source to illuminate the left side of the bowl?

An Alien Bee 1600 w/ 36" Photek Softlighter

Thunder[/color][/font]

Dave Polaschek

• Dave's Picks
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 11:15:21 am »

Learning about the business: Best Business Practices for Photographers. I'm told it's the best of the best.

Looking to learn about lighting: Lighting 101. Once you've read all that, there's the Dean Collins DVDs, but they're hundreds of $$, so read the free stuff first. The discussion group on flickr is pretty good too, but the signal to noise ratio sometimes gets out of hand.

Thunder

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 02:19:17 pm »

I already have a few of Dean Collins' (May he rest in peace) videos.  Unfortunately, they are on VHS, not DVD.

And thank you for the links.
Thunder[/color][/font]

Thunder

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 10:01:22 am »

Here's a link to a shot of a kayak shack on Chincoteague Island.

And, a life preserver.

BTW, the radio station on this little island was doing it's imitation of every other radio station in the country.  However, when it came time to give the traffic report, the announcer said, "And, now for the Chincoteague Island traffic report..."  This was immediately followed by the sound of crickets.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:20:05 am by Thunder »
Thunder[/color][/font]

MS Jordan

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 01:28:32 pm »

Hey Thunder

I 2nd the request for you to either make some post cards of the stream and barn or contact me via PM I would love to exchange FRN's for the privilage of making some of my own

MS Jordan
Shoot them all, let GOD sort it out

Thunder

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2006, 12:49:27 pm »

I'd love to make some postcards or notecards and offer them for sale to those that would be interested.  I'm currently researching my options and I'll let you know what I find!

Thunder[/color][/font]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up