The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Best of George Potter  (Read 93482 times)

cowardly lion

Re: The Best of George Potter
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2006, 06:20:24 am »

Came to this thread late, but I'm interested in a copy.

How about Unfinished Business . . .  for the odds 'n' ends bit?

cl
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 10:10:03 am by cowardly lion »
Sic semper tyrannis, baby!    - Joel Simon

As much as we may not want to consider it, we must have a mindset that enables us to do instant and devastating violence in defense of self and/or loved ones.   -Dave Champion

It's not unusual to run into folks in the internet that are dense enough to have event horizons.

Remember, remember, the fifth of November . . . .

Don't mistake my silence for weakness - no one plans a murder out loud.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2006, 08:06:40 am »

I like that. Very descriptive.

But I must admit I got a big chuckle out of "Apocrypha."
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

henshawe

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2006, 12:22:44 pm »

G'Day All,

I have been holding my breath over this project coming to fruition. You know the hearding cats thing  :laugh: As this looks like the real deal I must shout HOT DAMN. BRO, I am absolutly jazzed, stoked, giddy etc THAT this book will soon be available. Way to go George, Pagan, MS, BsC and Claire.

I want 4 copies, all signed, 1 for me and the rest for my Grand-Kids, if the final product is not to spendy I most probably want more.

WAY TO GO Y'ALL

Regards,

Americus

George Potter

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2006, 10:18:59 pm »

G'Day All,

I have been holding my breath over this project coming to fruition. You know the hearding cats thing  :laugh: As this looks like the real deal I must shout HOT DAMN. BRO, I am absolutly jazzed, stoked, giddy etc THAT this book will soon be available. Way to go George, Pagan, MS, BsC and Claire.

I want 4 copies, all signed, 1 for me and the rest for my Grand-Kids, if the final product is not to spendy I most probably want more.

WAY TO GO Y'ALL

Regards,

Americus

Sometimes you can have a crapass day and come home thinking 'Is this shit worth it?"

Then pop on here and find a message like this.

Yeah. Well worth it.

Thanks, bro. :)

George Potter

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2006, 11:21:01 am »

After some hand wringing I've decided not to wait until I'm finished with TWWHWC. Instead, I'll compile my list of "Apocrapha" and send it to Claire and Pagan tonight, along with the other material they'll need.

Let's try to get this out before Xmas. :)

Still hoping to post the rest of TWWHWC before the one year aniversarry of my original deadline. It's looking to be a short novel, around 30,000 words. Almost everything I'm writing lately is tending towards that length. Trenching, King Of The Road and The Ballad Of I Know Damn Right.

I have this idea to release the long stories in well designed, illustrated lulu editions. If my brother ever finishes his Roberta painting, I'll do that one. I have a weird idea about expanding it, based on the imaginary "index" and notes of Time Enough For Love. :P

Claire's quiet disappointment in me not making money for my writing is starting to get to me. This is a sort of painless way to test the water. If I could do one a month, that would be a lovely little chunk of supplemental income. :)

If anyone has any ideas about this (I myself plan on experimenting and using it as a learning experience), feel free to throw 'em on the table.

ShortyDawkins

• Liberty Vanguard 2011
  • Legends are made here.
    • Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2006, 11:26:19 am »

Put me on the list to buy anything you publish, glory!

Shorty
Shorty Dawkins Freedom Outlaw
http://www.shortydawkins.weebly.com

Pagan

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2006, 01:01:35 pm »

Gloryroad:
Let's try to get this out before Xmas.

If anyone has any ideas about this (I myself plan on experimenting and using it as a learning experience), feel free to throw 'em on the table.

Before Xmas!!! You were smiling, so I hope you're kidding about this...

Claire has other things to write, and I have a job and some holiday plans (including two upcoming B'days, a new printer to set up, and website to start -- which is moving slow at the moment due to circumstances beyond everyone's control).

Are you not planning to put in any long story? I was really hoping you would finish TWWHWC. If not that, then King of the Road. I think one long story (either of them) would swing the interest your way for longer books to follow. Even if this first book didn't sell well at first (except at TCF), the others (novels?) should bring sales around to it later so it could be re-published on a larger scale.

While I'm moving fast on the typesetting at present, the whole book project -- printing and binding, etc -- will take longer.
(BTW, I plan to submit a copy to my local bookstore when it's finished. Ownership has recently changed hands, I know the couple who bought it, and will be talking to them soon anyway. He runs the local ISP, and she runs the bookstore.)

George Potter

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2006, 11:05:31 am »

I'm in absolutely no hurry, folks.

As I said, I hope to have TWWHWC (what a clunky acronym!) done by the 21st of this month. I also want to include the essay A Map of Mankind (my hillbilly anarchist social theory :P)and another short story.

Bleh. Was supposed to leave for MS on Saturday only to run into a rather catastrophic change of plans. I'm beginning to think a certain large part of me likes living on the ragged edge of chance.

I've said from the beginning that this isn't really my project. I'm doing none of the heavy lifting. I was mostly just trying to get what you needed from me in a timely fashion.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2006, 12:34:37 pm »

I've said from the beginning that this isn't really my project. I'm doing none of the heavy lifting.

Yeah, what a slacker. What a bum! What the hell did you ever do on this project besides write all those stories, essays, and poems?

:laugh:  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your catastrophe, whatever it may be. Hope you make it to MS in time for a warm happy Christmas.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

George Potter

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2006, 02:04:48 pm »

Pagan

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2006, 02:57:34 pm »

AB-SO-LUTE-LY BEAUTIFUL!!

micropiece is the first piece written -- and what is more fitting!

Does Madame Axe have anything for the back cover? She does great work.

May we use Odyssey's explanation (that you gave to Claire) as a "Prologue" for the book, as John DeWitt suggested in the Odyssey thread -- or even put it on the back cover to pique everybody's curiosity? (It really should not be left out, George.)

George Potter

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2006, 03:23:06 pm »

AB-SO-LUTE-LY BEAUTIFUL!!

micropiece is the first piece written -- and what is more fitting!

Does Madame Axe have anything for the back cover? She does great work.

Yes, she has a back cover. She put this up so I could choose between three versions of the title/subtitle. She'll send me the full sized art when she's totally happy with it.

May we use Odyssey's explanation (that you gave to Claire) as a "Prologue" for the book, as John DeWitt suggested in the Odyssey thread -- or even put it on the back cover to pique everybody's curiosity? (It really should not be left out, George.)

John's idea is good. Run with it. :)

Dare2BFree

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2006, 04:01:36 pm »

If I had known that these days would have changed my life - I would have dressed better.   ~ me

No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.  ~ Judge Gideon J. Tucker

Pagan

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2006, 04:12:22 pm »

John's idea is good. Run with it.

Yes!! Thank you.
One Prologue page coming up...

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2006, 07:41:05 pm »

Wonderful cover art. That's the most stark & mysterious looking gas station I've seen in a long time. Kudos to Madame Axe.

"Symbols Flow" struck me at first as a very strange title. Then it struck me as just strange enough to attract the inquiring mind.

Introduction to come by this weekend. Pagan and George, you both tell me whether it's acceptible. I'll be glad to edit until it's right.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up