The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shameless plug  (Read 1817 times)

Kurt

Shameless plug
« on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:40 am »

The bitter cold this past winter had me indoors (and bored) more than I liked, so I had some extra time to kill.  This was one of my projects that I thought worked out fairly well. 

Just a shameless plug as the title says.  If anyone has any other suggested modifications, or ideas on how to improve on mine, I'd appreciate it.  Hope it's not a rules violation to link to it, if so just delete it and give me a virtual smack upside the head :)

heyoka

• flunked out of Freedom University
Re: Shameless plug
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 11:56:11 am »

good info, well written  :mellow:
thanks
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. - Groucho Marx

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 11:56:55 am »

Not a problem, Kurt. This is the spot for such things. :)
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Alchemist

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:04:53 pm »

q
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:04:03 am by Alchemist »

Kurt

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 10:21:05 am »

Thanks all.  If it had required a great degree of electronics knowledge, I wouldn't have been able to do it :)   The whole project actually started when one failed outside the warranty period.  Screwed around and was able to figure out the transmitter board was the problem, so I contacted the vendor hoping to get just a replacement board (no luck).  But, in further discussion he told me about them being able to run off 12v power and the ideas just kinda developed from there.  Take care, and happy Memorial Day to everyone.

Cherokee

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 09:57:10 pm »

I like it. I'll have to revisit this when I buy my land for the off grid retirement cabin. I'm also thinking of a portable version with the clothes pin and trip wire for camping...you know,  in case a bear wanders into camp in search of food.
Pages: [1]   Go Up