The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How ya Bankin' or Gettin' Cash  (Read 5771 times)

knobster

• Come and take!
Re: How ya Bankin' or Gettin' Cash
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 06:52:36 am »

I'm not sure if you have already done so or not, but you should have at least 1 month of expenses worth in cash stored at home. You know....just in case. It will be quite a while after a financial collapse that you will be able to barter with silver. Most people will cling onto their faith (brainwashing) in FRN's for quite some time.

Indeed... :)
I have a few hundred in various bills stashed in our bug-out bags.  Really should set aside a bit more...  The same ol' problem of not having too much in the account is a constant battle.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

DiabloLoco

Re: How ya Bankin' or Gettin' Cash
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 03:33:42 pm »

I'm not sure if you have already done so or not, but you should have at least 1 month of expenses worth in cash stored at home. You know....just in case. It will be quite a while after a financial collapse that you will be able to barter with silver. Most people will cling onto their faith (brainwashing) in FRN's for quite some time.

Indeed... :)
I have a few hundred in various bills stashed in our bug-out bags.  Really should set aside a bit more...  The same ol' problem of not having too much in the account is a constant battle.
A good way to start adding to it, is to basically give yourself an allowance each week. Let's say $100 cash. Whatever you have leftover when the next $100 is due, tuck it away. It might be just $5 one week, but the next week might be $50 saved. It adds up. Pretty much the same method for prepping on a budget, just instead of the money going towards a few extra cans of food or whatnot, it gets tucked away to serve as an emergency fund.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up