The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This isn't mine, but...  (Read 2492 times)

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
This isn't mine, but...
« on: August 08, 2006, 03:29:45 pm »

I did say before that I'd put some of my dad's non-cartoon artwork up. So, I guess I'll be the second person to use this forum (good job on it, btw, Claire! :mellow: )

This is a photograph of my late grandfather (maternal), taken sometime in the '50s, I think.

This is a pencil my dad did of it for my mom's birthday last year (or the year before?)

Sorry for the poor picture quality; I'm not quite the artist he is. :laugh:
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

purple kitty

Re: This isn't mine, but...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 03:34:31 pm »

n
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:27:55 am by purple kitty »

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
Re: This isn't mine, but...
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 03:40:18 pm »

Oops... I think I know why. It looks like we got nailed by a hack or something; strange stuff on there I didn't put up. I'll fix it tonight, though it'll take a while to change on filter apps.

Grr.
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM
Pages: [1]   Go Up