The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the closet?  (Read 31589 times)

dingir_xul

Re: In the closet?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 05:06:38 pm »

Although I am pretty open when it comes to the anonymous internet, I try to lead a fairly compartmentalized life.  Some peolpe know me as X.  Others know me as Y.  Not many people really know everything I have going on.  It tends to work out for the best that way. 

I agree with Evil Twin on leading a compartmentalized life. Not everybody needs to know what you're up to, and the less people who know it all, the better. If you have a few good friends and family you can confide in, you're doing pretty well. There is no need, IMO, to bring more scrutiny upon yourself than necessary.

Andrew

anthrem

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 03:48:30 pm »

Don't forget, in all of that good music that the Grateful Dead need to be included.  Robert Hunter was a excellent writer and "Terrapin Station" is a pretty cool album.   "Dire Wolf", "Standing on the Moon", "Uncle John's Band"....Jerry Garcia is under appreciated as a guitarist.  Sorry, I had to stop lurking to share....

“God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16)

"When government reduces my freedoms to choose, government diminishes the opportunities I have to glorify God by voluntarily and freely choosing the option most pleasing to God".
-Tom & Linda Rawles "Can a Christian Be A Libertarian?"

jessme

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2009, 06:46:26 am »

I wouldn't want to be 14 again for the world..and it wasn't easy when my kids went through it too..although I swear I can't remember what the fights were about, just that they were doozies.

I can't understand why on earth a parent would not want a child to spend their own money on a computer at least, and since there are gun scholarships, one should be allowed..but parents aren't perfect, far from it. Now, I know I have prolly disillusioned you for life, but there it is; parents aren't perfect.

OH and if we are going to talk music, I can't believe it took someone so long to mention CCR. I have a  lot of simiiliar tastes to what has already been posted here, but also have a PASSION for the Alan Parsons Project.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 05:59:40 pm »

It isn't IQ.  The large majority have taken "mama's Little Helper" or "The Six Pac" and are simply maintaining their lifestyle of meaningless distractions.  Just about everyone I know seems to be on one or another "chronic illness Medication", which makes me wonder if there is a second Soma ingredient in all of them.........

Long training on "follow the leader" and that is usually what the media presents to them, Mainly TV. Disincentives to being a true thinker are also there, I run into when I am working all the time too.  I have had customers complaining of their huge electric bills, but when I point them to websites with answers, they never look at the new stuff.  Thees are some of the "movers and shakers" too!  Kind of scary.

The USA is in a badly rutted road and does not realize it! I am afraid it will take a figurative "right sized" meteor strike to wake people up if it doesn't kill all of us outright.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up