The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Tech CEOs Earn the Most Money  (Read 2473 times)

Occupant No-name

Worst Tech CEOs Earn the Most Money
« on: July 18, 2006, 11:36:35 pm »

Go figger?  :rolleyes:
"Why the disconnect? Jack Dolmat-Connell, founder and president of the firm, cites the phenomenon of 'chasing the median': Companies benchmark their executive compensation figures on peers instead of looking at factors related to performance."
Hah! From an article quoted in a Slashdot.org rant. Funny though. :laugh:

Plinker-MS

• Techie
  • Nobody in Particular
Re: Worst Tech CEOs Earn the Most Money
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:06 pm »

One of these days, I want to put on a suit and interview for a corporate CEO job.

"Hey, I can run the company into the ground just as badly as your last CEO, but I'll do it for half what you paid him."

Occupant No-name

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 09:10:08 pm »

One of these days, I want to put on a suit and interview for a corporate CEO job.
Sure thing. Just get your mug on the cover of Businessweek or some other major business news journal and you'll prolly have their headhunters calling you:laugh:

lee n. field

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:04:07 am »

Hey, I can run the company into the ground just as badly as your last CEO, but I'll do it for half what you paid him.

<maniacal laughter>The company I was with from 1997 to 2000 went from largest in it's industry (basically outsourced tech stuff) to flat out doors closed bust in 15 months.</manaical laughter>    Idiots hemmoraged money.
"Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD! Why would you have the day of the LORD? It is darkness, and not light,"  Amos 5:18
Pages: [1]   Go Up