My wife repeatedly told me I was insane. Which is, of course, merely encouragement for the insane.
It was made up of about 72 number parts, but many of those parts came in pairs. Several pieces I built twice because I learned the right way to build them after the first try (the instructions were all in Spanish). In all I believe it used up about 40 sheets of 8.5*11 paper, half a bottle of elmer's glue, and filled the vacuum cleaner with snippets.
It has some problems, mostly with the right wing suffering from a late-night gravity shift that left it dangling too low, but I'm pretty dadgum proud.