The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying Spaghetti Monster Sighting!  (Read 4454 times)

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

MamaLiberty

• It's not that people are dumber, it's that stupidity used to be more painful.
  • Administrator
  • Individual Sovereign/ Personal responsibility
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Flying Spaghetti Monster Sighting!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 08:22:06 am »

What title did you give it?  Is there a Link?

http://www.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=28995.0

Thanks for the link. They've actually been doing pretty well over there. Not near the cussin and fist fights as other such threads. Just more than our dear Spaghetti Monster would want to put up with, I think. :)
But, in the end, I live and therefore I am. I don't need any other person's permission to live or defend myself. I don't need anyone's vetting of my intentions or sanity, nor approval for the self defense tool I choose or how I carry it.

I don't NEED to explain myself. I don't NEED any reasons at all.

Mountain Prepper

• Observation, logic, communication, and acceptance is the only rational path.
  • Crafty Mountain Coyote
    • Rocky Mountain Preparedness
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »

http://mountainpreparedness.blogspot.com

The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained monkeys owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever fixed because normal is both mediocre and cowardly.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 12:04:03 am »

Hmm... I thought the Cthulhu was an item on the Taco Bell menu?...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

Mountain Prepper

• Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 01:23:45 am »

Hmm... I thought the Cthulhu was an item on the Taco Bell menu?...

You know its bad when this is in the (un)happy meal.

¡Chingate, cabron! que es un calamar gigante

al infierno con la caja, yo soy de aquí

The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained monkeys owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever fixed because normal is both mediocre and cowardly.

gaurdduck

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 01:51:04 am »

If you get this guy in your happy meal, pretend you didn't see him and quietly walk away. He's far more dangerous than the Cthulhu.
Kyubey (a play on words as the Kyuubi is a 9 tailed demon fox that causes disasters and is red and white just like Kyubey)

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........

Destin Faruda

• Opinion Lord
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:42 pm »

Yuki, now I wonder who else besides me pegged you for a Naruto fanboy?  (Meant in a kawaii!!!! sort of tense, so don't get those pantyhose in a bunch, my strange dressed acquaintance.)

I hear once Chthulhu surfaces, some places (userfriendly.org for example, Chthulhu makes standard appearances on there when it was regularly updated, plenty of archives) have already made a webcomic about Cthushi as a replacement for sushi.  First time your raw squid will suck your brains out, eh?
"Time to beat those plowshares back into swords."  Robert Anson Heinlein
-------
"It'd be utterly ridiculous for him to be in the storyline - he doesn't belong there. He's not a God, he just kills them for a living. :P" ~ Draaza
-------
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

gaurdduck

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 02:20:35 pm »

Yuki, now I wonder who else besides me pegged you for a Naruto fanboy?  (Meant in a kawaii!!!! sort of tense, so don't get those pantyhose in a bunch, my strange dressed acquaintance.)

It's from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Majika... not Naruto.

Chthulhu may suck your brains out, but Kyubey takes your soul in exchange for power.

Destin Faruda

• Opinion Lord
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 01:18:26 am »

Chthulhu may suck your brains out, but Kyubey takes your soul in exchange for power.

At least you get something in the bargain rather than ending up a mindflayer god's infintesimal snack, a brainsucked, completely zombified without the undead benefits, snack.

As for the many tailed fox, that's actually, unsurprisingly, just another part of japanese mysticism, at least their psychotic demons give you shit in exchange for your life force, memories or whatever your soul happens to be defined as in your philosophical/religious view.  10 times cooler shit than western mysticism, which just teaches you to hate yourself and just about every feature which their version of the Creator has seen fit to endow you with to begin with.  (Talk about a raw deal.)
-------
"It'd be utterly ridiculous for him to be in the storyline - he doesn't belong there. He's not a God, he just kills them for a living. :P" ~ Draaza
-------
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

gaurdduck

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:50 am »

That could totally happen to you from a wide array of youkai, and the Kyuubi is believed to be the cause of disasters such as tsunami and earthquakes... Kyuubey is different, he resembles the 9-tails (Kyuubi) but isn't the one of legend, just an Anime character.

onibaabaa and kappa are ones to avoid for sure...

Destin Faruda

• Opinion Lord
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »

I just realized I had misread that article, Kyuubey is actually a different little kawaii critter isn't it?  Awwww, how sweet!  Isn't it great that great demons of lore are now making their way as cute and cuddly kiddie beanies and plushies?  All we had when we were kids were giant robots and guys in space suits, with guns, and guys without space suits, with guns, and later on just guns for our own.  Heh heh heh.  (Not that there's anything wrong with guys with guns, I just prefer girls with guns.  Just Art Appreciation, ya know?)

That said, I wonder if next generation is going to have satan worshiping politicians and child sacrificing bureaucrats and kiddie diddling priest and child protective service worker plushies in their "un" happy meals?
-------
-------

gaurdduck

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 03:22:26 pm »

サア~
Who knows...

Mountain Prepper

• Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »

サア~
Who knows...

私たちが見る真実、困難な時代

gaurdduck

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:57 pm »

サア~
Who knows...

私たちが見る真実、困難な時代

大丈夫でしょう。世界が永遠ですと人間を人間です。
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up